The users, who are looking for the ways to set up Roku Wi-Fi without remote, then have a glimpse on this article. Although remote control is a peripheral device used to operate the device wirelessly from a far distance. The Roku device can be promptly and efficiently connected to the internet through the Wi-Fi network. Along with this, another way to connect the Roku device to a Wi-Fi network without using a regular remote. Each Roku device comes with its remote control. But, unlike other remotes, Roku remotes make use of Wi-Fi to connect the streaming device. Thus, this means that in case if the users lose the remote or it stops working. Then one can’t watch their shows unless the user is aware to use the Roku device without a remote control.
All Roku users suggested making sure that they must have a good internet connection to connect the Roku device without a remote. Hence, for all users, we have here discussed the ways to set up Roku Wi-Fi without remote, so scroll down and firmly ready the steps as mentioned below.
To set up Roku without remote, it happens that the users encounter a problem, and because of this, they fail to watch their favourite shows. But, through the steps provided here, it would become easy for all users to set up Roku without remote.
Ways to use the mobile device as a Roku remote
Roku is a streaming device enables users to stream their favourite channels. The content will be taken from the internet and displays in term of TV. Thus, with the help of the steps provided below, it would become easy to rectify the issue. So, users who are looking for ways regarding how to set up Roku TV without remote, they all should focus on the steps provided below.
- To begin the process, first of all, launch the Roku application
- After this, at the bottom of the screen tap to the remote icon to open the remote
- Then, the default remote layout is nearly identical to the hardware remote. Click on the keys and use this app as a regular remote.
Thus, instead of using the button taps, the app’s remote layout can be switched to use swipes. Hence by changing settings from the remote setting menu, one can easily switch between the remote layout by changing the settings.
Steps to connect Roku streaming stick to Wi-Fi without remote
For streaming channels and shows on Roku, it is necessary that set up Roku, and in case if the user doesn’t have the remote control to set up Roku or loss the remote then check the steps provided below. Through the information provided below, the user will know how to set up Roku without remote. So, collect the information provided below and follow the same to set up Roku Wi-Fi without remote.
- The users have to make sure that they have two mobile phones having the Roku app installed in any one of them.
- Then, to open the mobile settings screen, select the grid-shaped icon.
- After this, click on the mobile hotspot option.
- Now open the hotspot menu by selecting the set up mobile hotspot option, Roku-stick-connect Roku to Wi-Fi without remote.
- On the mobile data usage status screen, click on the OK button.
- After this, enter the necessary information that is saved on the Roku device such as the SSID and the security key and other Wi-Fi network information.
- Ensure to save the settings and then click on the OK option to activate the mobile hotspot.
- Then, carefully connect the second mobile phone to the mobile hotspot.
- Now, launch the Roku application on another mobile phone and scroll to the bottom screen to click on the remote icon.
- Then turn ON the Roku device and then launch the network settings window on it.
- Then change the network settings to match the new Wi-Fi network that needs to be connected.
- After this, turn off the mobile hotspot on the phone and then connect it to the network that the Roku device uses.
Ways to access setting on the Roku TV without a remote
All users who want to set up Roku without remote, for them these steps would be helpful. So, scroll down and collect the details discussed below.
- First of all, on the android, iOS or Windows device open the Roku application
- Then, under the menu move to the drop-down section
- Now from there, choose the Roku search option and search for the channels
- All channels will fetched and other requested content from the channel store.
- Now from the list of the channels, select channel according to the requirement.
- Methods to add or remove channels from Roku TV Setup
- To add or remove the channels from Roku TV, follow the steps as described below.
- In the beginning, the users suggested going to the Roku home screen. Then find and click on the “Streaming Channel” option.
- Now, with the help of the necessary credentials, log in to the Roku account
- After login, the users can select the channels of their choice and take it to the “Add channel” option.
- Then, the users will have to key in the PIN as per the account settings. In case, if the users have not set any PIN, then it will automatically added to the Roku channel list.
Hoping with the help of the guidance, it would become easy for users to set up Roku Wi-Fi without remote. If there is any query or the user fails with how to set up Roku without remote. Then kindly get in touch with the experts of Roku and ask them to provide assistance to resolve the issue.